If you own a used car that you want to sell it, we present a series of tips to find a buyer and get the best price quickly.
Before posting an ad on a free classified site, consider the following ideas to attract as many potential buyers as possible. If you want to sell your car quickly and at the best possible price, the car's preparation is essential. The car's presentation, the car's mechanical condition, and the service's history can make the difference.
- - Clean the car inside and out and make sure it's tidy.
- - Repairs minor paint damage or mechanical defects.
- - Consider calling a professional service.
- - You must have the right to sell the car.
- - The car must match the description given.
- - The car must be technically suitable.
- - The asking price must be realistic - especially if you want to sell fast.
- - Check other prices for the same type of car.
- Describe the car as close to reality as possible.
- In the ad, keep the information that will be of interest to potential buyers.
- Make sure you have written the numbers on the license plate correctly, how many months of insurance the car still has.
- Clearly state the condition of the car in the ad.
- If it is sold for spare parts or needs considerable repairs, don't forget to mentions this.
Include all this information in the contract after you have agreed with the potential buyer.
- You need to present all the car's documents, including the car history, the registration certificate, and other documents from the auto service.
- Do not allow potential buyers to make copies or pictures of the car documents.
- If you have all the receipts for the work done over time, they will add value to the car.
- Don't forget to hand over all the necessary documents when you complete the transaction.
Testing the car
- Ask the contact details of the buyer who wants to come and test the car - name, phone number. A serious buyer will give you this information and understand if you call him back to confirm it.
- Ask the buyer to show you his driver's license if he wants to test the car.
- Check if that buyer has insurance to test the car.
- Always accompany potential buyers during the test so that they do not fall victim to car theft. You can ask a buddy or relative to accompany you while watching or testing the car.
Think of a price margin for negotiation - the buyer will have the satisfaction of negotiating while you will get the desired amount.
Consider receiving cash or bank transfer - is the safest way to pay. Do not allow anyone to drive until the payment has been made in full. If a third party makes the payment, you will need to make sure that the company exists and is authorized.
The last step is the sales contract: one for the seller and one for the buyer. Complete the contract with the buyer, sign and date the contract, making sure you both have a signed copy as proof of purchase.