The 2024 Honda Passport is back, ready to conquer the rugged trails and the open road. As an automotive enthusiast, you'll appreciate the enhancements that Honda has made to this midsize SUV, making it more capable, comfortable, and stylish than ever before.
TrailSport and Black Edition Trims
Two exciting trims join the 2024 Honda Passport lineup: the TrailSport and the Black Edition. Let's explore what each of these editions brings to the table:
TrailSport: Off-Road WarriorThe TrailSport trim caters to adventure seekers who crave off-road excitement. Here are its standout features:
- All-Terrain Tires: The TrailSport gets a new all-terrain tire option featuring General Grabber A/Tx tires wrapped in 18-inch wheels. These tires provide excellent traction on slippery surfaces, ensuring confidence during your off-road escapades.
- Diffused Sky Blue Paint: Borrowing from its three-row sibling, the Honda Pilot TrailSport, the Honda Passport TrailSport now offers the eye-catching Diffused Sky Blue paint option. It's a color that stands out both on and off the beaten path.
- Black Edition: Sleek and Sophisticated
For those who prefer a touch of elegance, the Black Edition delivers sophistication with a hint of sportiness:
- Blackout Grille: The Black Edition features a blackout grille that exudes confidence. It's sleek, bold, and perfectly complements the overall design.
- 20-inch Black Alloy Wheels: The wheels receive a black-painted finish, adding an extra layer of style to this special edition.
- Blacked-Out Accents: From headlight trim to side trim, door handles, and fog light accents, everything is blacked out for a cohesive and striking appearance.
Performance and Capability
Under the hood of both trims lies Honda's trusty 3.5-liter V6 engine, generating 280 horsepower. Paired with a nine-speed automatic transmission, this powertrain ensures responsive acceleration whether you're merging onto highways or navigating rocky trails.
The Passport's all-wheel-drive system provides stability and control in various conditions. With 8.1 inches of ground clearance, it can handle rough terrain without breaking a sweat. While it's not a hardcore rock crawler, it strikes a balance between on-road comfort and off-road capability.